Good morning from Rhinelander. As I sit here typing this entry, I am watching snow flurries out the window. It's nice having my desk top computer right by the window, overlooking the lake. I have to admit, winter hasn't even arrived and I'm already weary of the cold and snow. This will be our third winter in Rhinelander, and I think this time we definitely need to make plans to escape to somewhere warm at some point before spring comes...let's see, that gives us about 6 months, haha. Truly though, our last snow melts in May. First snow comes again in October. I can't imagine how the first settlers in this area survived!! Talk about hardy people!
Anyway, about Halloween. Pavan got home from work around 530, so we headed straight out since trick or treating times were officially from 4-7 PM. It was around 30 degrees at that point, and already dark. The wind had died down some, but it was COLD!!! So, we headed straight to Grace Lodge for trick or treating. It was nice, there were several residents handing out candy, and the kids behaved really well. Amaya was so cute, she would just walk up silently, and stand there with her hand held straight out, staring at the person's face. Noah actually said trick or treat to everyone, and then said thank you for the candy. Of course, Anna behaved....I wasn't too worried about that! And for the first time, Kindra abandoned the trick or treating and just hung out with us adults. She had plenty of candy left over from her party, so it wasn't like she was deprived of sweets! The haunted house at Grace Lodge was pretty good too, just scary enough for the kids to get a nice fright....but not scary enough to give them nightmares! Although Noah got a good scare, and it made him mad! When he came walking out the door from the haunted house, he took his hat, threw it on the ground, and said...I'm going home. All of the residents who saw him do this started laughing, which further irritated him, but it was awfully funny to watch!
Once we left Grace Lodge, we decided it just wasn't Halloween without some good old fashioned "street" trick or treating, so we headed downtown to Joe Bodensteiner's house....thinking we'd hit several houses in that area. Keep in mind, we have this same idea every year.....and so far our record is 4 houses before we give up and head for someplace warm! So, we went to Joe's house. Saw Joe....then got back in our car and headed for Culvers to get some dinner. It was just too cold!!
We were home around 730, and Noah was already asleep when we got here. Pavan went to bed around 830, as did Kindra. Anna fell asleep around 9. Of course Amaya stayed up until around 11...so much for my hopes of getting to bed early!
Have a great day, and welcome to November! Let the holiday (and birthday in our house...) shopping begin!
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment