Well, I just spent the last 45 minutes updating the journal...and when I tried to save it, the whole thing was erased. That's the sort of week I've been having, haha.
So, real quick....
Our last two weeks have been busy, as usual! Pavan's parents came to visit from the 8th until the 15th. We had a great time, and they were able to see how our weeks go. They went to Noah's preschool, his Mini Mites Sports class, swim classes, and even went sledding with the kids one day when it got up to 20 degrees. Oh, did I mention they came up one of the coldest weeks of the year, brrrr!! They should have come up this week, it was 50 here today!
Yesterday I took Noah and Amaya to WalMart, it was 38 degrees and sunny. There were actually people driving around with their windows down, and their radios turned up! People were walking around with t-shirts on, and no coats! It was so amazing. I will have to come up with one of those daily calendars...you know you are in Northern Wisconsin when....
With the warmer weather comes our biggest nightmare, our leaky roof! The ice on the roof isn't a problem (as long as you look up before you step out from under the overhang!), but when it starts to melt it becomes a huge problem! Our roof, which wasn't installed appropriately, allows the water to track under the metal and into our house. Yesterday we set a record of 24 drips in our house at 4PM. There were 20 drips on the beam between the living room and kitchen, two drips in the vacuum closet...which trickled all the way down to the laundry room, and two drips in the bay window in the master bedroom...where there has never been a drip before. Today we have 9 drips going, as of right now. Six on the beam, and three in the bay window in the kitchen. What a mess. We have all our plastic containers, and some of our bowls...as well as about 15 towels...on the floor. Hey, welcome to our half million dollar home...don't mind the bowls!
One more thing....we found out today that a coach in Weston has agreed to give Anna private gymnastic lessons on Friday evenings from 5-6PM. I am so happy about this! Tonight will be the last time we get home after 10 PM from gymnastics class! Anna is really excited to have the coach all to herself for an hour, too. No word when gymnastics in Rhinelander will start up again, looks like at least April. Oh, another cool thing is that right after her lesson on Friday evening, they have an open gym time from 6-730PM. It only costs $5 and the kids can practice any of their skills, and have coaches there to help them out.
Gotta go. Kindra just got home, Amaya is napping, Noah and Pavan are downstairs watching TV, and I gotta run and get Anna from choir. Then at 530 we'll drop Kindra off at youth group and head to Weston for her last group class!
I'll add pictures later, it won't let me upload them right now for some reason. AOL drives me nuts sometimes!
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment