I just wanted to let you all know what is going on with Anna, as the next few days will be very busy and we might be hard to reach.
Anna has had a horrible couple of days. Up until now, the stomach pain has only been at night and she's functioned normally all day until around 3 in the morning. Then she'd wake up with horrible stomach pain, would eventually vomit, and would then be fine and head back to bed for the rest of the night. However, the last few days she has had the horrible stomach pain all day, with it getting nearly unbearable at night. She has not been able to keep down food or drinks for the last 48 hours, and is pretty worn out and weak at this point. Last night she started having muscle spasms all over her body too, I'm sure from an electrolyte imbalance from not eating.
This morning Anna went in for an upper GI study. Basically they had her drink some contrast and then took xrays to watch it move through her system. It didn't take long, and they didn't find anything wrong. She managed to keep down half a banana and half a carton of juice after the test, and I dropped her off at school at 930 with instructions for them to call me immediately if she started having stomach pain. No call so far, so that's reassuring.
When I got home, Pavan was on the phone with a pediatric GI doctor in Marshfield, WI (about 2 hours from here). He agreed to see Anna Friday morning at 845 and is also going to do an EGD (a scope to take a look around and do some biopsies...she will be asleep for it all) at 1PM Friday. So, we will head down to Marshfield Thursday evening and stay at a hotel there Thursday and Friday nights. If you need us, try my cell phone. 715-401-0095 If I don't answer, leave a message and I will try to call you back.
Pavan is scheduled for surgery on his right shoulder tomorrow morning at 830AM. I"m sure he will be in a lot of pain for a few days, but he says he'll be fine to come to Marshfield with us tomorrow evening! Thank God, we were able to reach a friend of ours from Kansas City, who is on his way to help with the children for the next few days. I don't know what I'd do otherwise since Pavan won't be able to help much, and I really need to be with Anna. Thank you Tom!!
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment