I needed to get on here today to add some more pictures before I get way behind again and hit you with 80 pictures at once!!
We had a busy, but very enjoyable weekend, getting ready for Christmas! The children are starting to get very excited since Christmas is only two weeks away, and our lives are getting crazy with school programs and choir concerts. Tonight is Kindra's choir concert and tomorrow is Anna's school program. Noah's isn't until a week from Friday. Throw in Anna's birthday next Wednesday, and trying to arrange for a trial gymnastics lesson in Weston, plus all the normal Christmas hustle and bustle, and it keeps me on my toes!
Saturday we did a little shopping at Walmart, had lunch at Hardees (where Amaya got bit by a naughty little boy...I wasn't mean to the mom though, after dealing with Noah for the last 4 years, I have a lot of compassion for mother's of naughty little boys....), and then picked out our Christmas tree. This is the first time we've had a real tree since we got married, and Pavan was so excited! It's very tall, as you can see in the pictures. But it looks beautiful in our living room. Now Pavan is convinced we need a vaulted ceiling in the living room when we build a new house....and I can't say that I disagree...we'll have to see how that fits into our plans. I was already planning on high ceilings, so we might be ok without the vaulted part....
Sunday we just goofed off around the house in the morning, and then headed to Wausau around noon to see Santa at the mall. I feel funny even calling this place a mall, our Walmart is probably bigger! We got to the mall around 130, and of course Santa had just left for lunch and wouldn't be back until 230. Darn the luck! So we just walked around for an hour. There wasn't anything we were looking to buy, so it was pretty boring. We got back into line to see Santa around 215, and once he got back from lunch the line moved pretty quickly. I was surprised that Noah went up and got on Santa's lap with Anna. Kindra sat over to the side on a stool with Amaya on her lap. Noah even told Santa what he wanted for Christmas, but then got shy when the lady started calling his name to take the picture. Oh well...this was the first year we got a picture of Noah with Santa, so just getting up there was enough for me. One side note...I cannot believe how much it cost to get a picture with Santa...we paid $24 for one 5x8 and 4 wallets. The cheapest package was 2 5x7 for $20!!! And of course they wouldn't let you take your own pictures...I was pretty irritated! I think next year we'll be checking out the FREE breakfast with Santa at Anna's school!! Live and learn....
Enjoy the pictures, and be sure to take a look at our videos on You Tube. Let me know if you want me to send you a link. There are videos of Anna's gymnastics routines at the last meet, and videos of Amaya carrying on conversations with various household items. She's got an amazingly strange imagination!
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment