Wednesday, September 26, 2007

He's back!

You won't believe what was walking down our driveway when we got home from dance class last night, that darn porcupine! This time we had the camera along, so we got out and took some pictures. When he saw me walk up, all his quills stood up on end....but I kept my distance. I was taking the pictures from about 10 feet away, I know they can't throw their quills and I know they move pretty slow, but I wasn't going to take any chances! Of course, Pavan kept coming up behind us and poking us with sticks, saying there was a baby porcupine behind us. Men! Thank goodness it was at the start of the driveway, so the dogs didn't come out to greet us this time! He walked over to the nearest tree, and started to climb, which surprised all of us. I didn't realize they climb trees. I hope they hold on good and tight, because I would hate to be walking along and have a porcupine fall out of a tree onto me!

Molly is feeling better. Still tender, but acting more normal. She is on antibiotics two times a day for the next week or so, and she's getting away with more than usual (which explains why she's on the couch...). Just like a kid, they can get away with almost anything when they aren't feeling well!

Kindra's volleyball team did great last night against Horace Mann Middle School in Wausau (they have 3 middle schools in Wausau). The B team won all three games and the A team won two out of three. These wins were much needed, and the girls were so excited to walk away the winners!

Better run. Suffering from a horrible headache today, but I bought 8 pounds of apples to make apple butter, so that's what I'm doing!

More later,

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess you'll be looking up in trees now to be sure there's no porcupine awaiting the chance to get ya!!!  LOL

Amaya's pictures soooo cute and Molly - how pitiful!

Mom