Well it's been over a month since I last updated the journal, and we've been very busy! We are finally moved into our house in Sioux Falls and starting to establish a new sense of order and routine in our house! We LOVE Sioux Falls, we love our new house, and we are very happy with the move. The children have made new friends, I have already made friends, and Pavan seems to really be enjoying his new job...although he has been very busy compared to Rhinelander!
Kindra has made good friends with a girl two houses up from us. I had actually met this girls mother online before we moved to Sioux Falls, and we were shocked at how much we had in common. She is a nurse turned stay at home mom, they have three children, they only moved to Sioux Falls a couple of years ago. They came to our house and brought a pan of brownies a couple of days after we moved in. They were only here for about 5 minutes, but in that period of time Kindra had made friends with their 13 year old daughter Jessica. They have been joined at the hip ever since, although Jessica is currently away visiting her grandparents on the East coast. Kindra has also been taking dance lessons two nights/week. She is taking intermediate ballet and intermediate jazz on Monday nights and taking conditioning and hip hop on Tuesday nights. She is planning to attend volunteer training at the Sioux Falls Humane Society soon too so she can volunteer at the shelter. OH, by the way Kindra had a great time at camp.
Anna has been super busy at her new gymnastics facility. She is training 12 hours/week...from 4pm-8pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I am so happy to have found this gym, this team and this coach. They are great with the kids, teach them amazing things and teach them how to do it right so they are safe. However, they do not push the kids too hard. If they have to miss gymnastics for dance class, no big deal. If they have to miss gymnastics because you are leaving town for vacation, no big deal. That's what I really love about it. Anna will be competing in 7 or 8 meets this fall/winter, some as far away as Rapid City, SD. I will update you on meet dates when they release that schedule. Anna is also taking dance classes. This summer she is taking jazz and ballet. The instructor is very impressed with her abilities, you know Anna has had 6 years of dance experience, and she's only 9 years old!
Anna had an amazing time at gymnastics camp. Annia Hatch was there helping coach for the week, she was an Olympic gymnast originally on the Cuban team but later on the American team. She won a silver medal on vault in 2004. Her husband, who was also her coach, was also there for the week, Alan Hatch. They were so nice, they must have signed 1000 autographs and posed for at least that many pictures! Anna got her picture taken with Annia and had both of them sign her brand new Lake Owen Camp leotard. I said gee Anna couldn't you have given them an old leo to sign, cause now you can't wear this one, I'm scared the signatures will wash off!! Oh well. (PS do a search for Annia Hatch on YouTube.com and check out her vaults, amazing!!! Anna was especially excited because vault and floor are her 2 favorite events)
Noah and Amaya love the new house because they have their own bedrooms! Noah has actually slept in his own room since our first night in the house, which shocked me. However, he is VERY possessive of his room and you MUST have his permission to enter his room or he freaks out! I like that his room is on the main level of the house along with the master bedroom, and the girls bedrooms are all downstairs. It gives all of them a break from each other. Noah is taking summer dance classes too, but the only class they offered for his age this summer was a tap/ballet combo class. He is pretty horrified to be taking ballet, and I told the teacher I wasn't going to buy him any ballet shoes because I doubt he will choose to take it in the fall!! He still wants to continue with tap classes though, so I will sign him up again. Amaya is taking the same tap/ballet combo class this summer, although I think it's a little too advanced for her. The teacher was nice enough to let me put both of them in the same class for the summer though to spare me another trip to the studio each week. She's very very nice, does an amazing job teaching the kids, is celebrating her 25th year of teaching dance this year.
I will update more later...going to post the pictures I have on this computer and then go get my laptop and post another entry with those pictures.
More later,
Rebecca
PS We have one more kitten who needs a home. The woman who was planning to take him suddenly is unable. He was the first one to find a home,and now needs to find one again. PLEASE email me if you or anyone you know are interested!!! I've exhausted all my leads and HATE to put an ad in the paper for some random stranger (or medical research company...) to take him.

No comments:
Post a Comment