Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Noah and Anna's first day of school. Noah started Kindergarten and Anna started 4th grade, truly hard to believe! They both got up around 6:45 this morning, we left at 7:15 to head to school. It doesn't start until 7:45 (which seems so early after our summer of sleeping late!) but we weren't sure how bad traffic would be that time of morning. Turned out traffic was fine, it only took 10 minutes to get to their school from our house.

Once I got both of them to their classrooms, Amaya and I went into the sanctuary to wait for mass to start. They had a special first day of school mass at 8AM. It was really nice, but I couldn't believe how grown up Noah looked sitting there with his class. I promised I wouldn't cry on his first day of school, but I had to blink back a couple of tears watching him walk down the hall with his class after mass! They really do grow up quickly...seems like yesterday he was just a little guy toddling around the house with his binkie!

After mass Amaya and I went to Dollar Tree (her reward for being good in mass) and picked up breakfast at McDonalds. Then we went back to the school for her preschool orientation. She was so excited! Her room is huge and so nice, she was in awe of all the amazing toys. Her eyes were bugging out of her head and she was just flitting from one thing to another. She starts school next Tuesday. She will be going on Tuesday and Thursday mornings this year, and on Monday Wednesday Friday next year. I'll be sure to take pictures on her first day of school...if I can get her to leave her uniform on long enough! It's a shame their school uniforms aren't hot pink, she isn't too happy with the navy blue/white!

More later,

Rebecca

**Once again having trouble with this journal...it won't let me add pictures!! Will keep trying, check back later, sorry!**

No comments: