I wish I could tell you the number of times I thought about starting my blog again...or had someone ask me why I stopped, or when I was planning to start again, but I've lost count!
I'm guilty of letting life get too hectic...although much of that has been beyond my control. After an eventful and emotional summer my current mantra is SIMPLIFY. This applies to sooooooo many aspects of our life...our schedules, our expectations of ourselves, our expectations of others, our relationships, our belongings, our meals, etc etc etc. Our lives are too hectic, and most days it feels like we're just trying to survive instead of actually LIVING. And we're tired. On multiple levels. It's time to simplify.
So, we take a few steps back. Although they sort of feel like steps forward. Funny how that works!
And that brings me back here...to my blog. I had placed so many expectations on myself when it came to blogging again. I thought to start, I needed something exciting to write about. I needed to catch everyone up on every single life event since I last blogged. And then I decided to ignore all of that, and just start. And that's enough.
Today is just a normal Sunday, like most days. The week ahead promises to be an interesting one though as 3 of the children start school...Amaya 5th grade, Noah 7th grade, Anna 11th grade. This year we will have 5 children in 5 different schools...sounds like a pretty good time to work on SIMPLIFY, huh?
More later :)


No comments:
Post a Comment