I thought I should add an entry today, so you don't think I've given up on the journal....although in all honesty, there isn't anything new or exciting to talk about. The weeks are so busy, and now that we are back into the swing of things, the days just fly by.
The winter session at the YMCA started this week. On Tuesday morning, Amaya had her Gym Ventures class again. We skipped it last session, and thought it would be good to start again. Unfortunately, the class has a different teacher than last time...and it wasn't as much fun as before. This teacher doesn't seem to know how to work with such young children (the class is for children ages 15 months to 3 years), and they were getting pretty bored. Amaya was so tired, she's not been sleeping well, so she pretty much boycotted the entire class. She was happy to sit against the wall and watch everyone else run around, so that's what we did most of the time. Oh well, what are you going to do?
Tuesday was dance class. This week they had pictures hanging up of the costumes they've ordered for recital. The ones for Noah's class are so cute, and Anna's are very pretty. I didn't see pictures of Kindra's, but she said they are already ordered and supposed to be delivered soon, so I guess I'll see hers before too long. Noah's class is wearing red costumes, the girls are in these gorgeous red dresses with red sequins. The boys are in these costumes that look like black pants with a red dress shirt, only the entire thing is covered in sequins...black on the pants and red on the shirts. I know, it sounds a little odd but trust me, it's cute. If any of you are planning to come up for recital, I need to know as soon as you do, because the ticket sale is the beginning of April. The recital is two days, May 19th and May 20th. We are planning to get hotel rooms in Merrill and stay there from Friday night until Sunday. There are five shows, Kindra and Anna will most likely be in all or most of the shows so it's easier to just stay the weekend down there.
Last night was Anna's gymnastics class in Weston. Boy that's a long drive! Kindra had youth group last night, so Pavan stayed in Rhinelander with Noah, Amaya and Kindra while Itook Anna to her class. It doesn't start until 7, so we didn't have to leave the house until around 5:30...but didn't get home until 10:15. She is doing such a great job, and I was enjoying watching the high school girls practice. Still no word on when the Rhinelander Gymnastics Club will resume practices. This session in Weston is over February 21st, so hopefully Rhinelander will be up and running by then!
Tonight Noah starts his new class at the YMCA, Mini Mites Sports of All Sorts. It's for children ages 4 and 5, and is described in the program guide as follows...
Try new sports and enjoy old favorites. This program emphasizes cooperation, taking turns and making friends. We will focus on incorporating team work and individual fitness activities as we teach basic football, soccer, basketball, tumbling, running, jumping, and social interaction.
Noah is very excited about the class, and I think he'll have a lot of fun. Just hope he doesn't have the same teacher as Amaya had on Tuesday....haha. The class is at 5:15, for 45 minutes.
Saturday morning, at 1010, Anna and Noah start swim class. Anna has taken them several times before, but this will be Noah's first time. He's so excited about it, and I know he'll do a great job. Pavan took the kids swimming at the YMCA a couple of week ago, and Noah wasn't scared of the water at all. He had one of these kick boards, and was holding onto it and going all over the pool. I've wanted to put him in swim classes for a long time, with us living on the lake and all, but wasn't sure how he'd behave. Now that he's proven himself at school and dance class, I feel confident that he will behave in swim class and do well.
Better go, lots to do around the house before I pick up Noah from preschool at 11.
More later
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment