Sunday, July 23, 2006

Made it to KC

We made it to Kansas City last night around 1030. We left Rhinelander around 1100 yesterday morning, then stopped in Merrill to get gas (it's always 10 cents cheaper in Merrill). Then we only stopped one time to use the bathroom, and one time for dinner. I couldn't believe how great the kids traveled. I just wanted to make it to Iowa, and then planned to stop as soon as the kids got restless. Well, they were so good that before I knew it we were in Des Moines, so we decided to just keep going. I was happy we didn't have to stop at a hotel, it's hard dragging all of the luggage inside for the night, then back to the car. I still can't believe the kids were so good though.

We spent today at my Aunt Sharon's house, with my cousins Cindy and Shari, Cindy's four children (Calin, Cyla, Aiden, and Andrew) and my cousin Beth's two girls (Alyssa and Allison). They had a pool set up in the back yard so the children played outside all day long. They were all so good, and played nicely together. It gave all us adults some time to sit around and visit, which was nice. That's the sort of thing I really miss living so far from all my family and friends. It's been a long time since I just sat and talked with another adult.

This afternoon around 4 we came back out to Mom's house for a birthday party for my grandparents. Aunt Sharon and Uncle Skeet came, Aunt Freda was here, Chris and Kierra were here, along with his girlfriend Misty and her two children, Kylee and Dakota. Shari and Cindy, and all the kids came too. We had a nice time. Kindra went back home with Cindy to spend the night with Cyla. Not sure what we are going to do tomorrow. I'll try to write more when I get the time.

Rebecca

No comments: