Noah's last day of school is tomorrow. Looking back on the first week of school, it's hard to believe it's the same kid. He is doing such a great job at school, something I certainly don't take for granted after the difficult days we had at the beginning. And it carries over into life here at home too, he behaves better on the days when he's been at school. I hope he transitions well from summer school at Pelican Elementary to preschool at Nativity Catholic this fall. At least now we know he can indeed succeed in the school environment, and that is such a relief.
It's been a strange week with the girls gone to camp. Noah and Amaya haven't really asked about Kindra and Anna. Yesterday I asked Noah if he wanted to color a picture to send to the girls at camp, and he said NO, I don't like them anymore. I asked if he missed them and he said NO I don't want them to come back home. I was a little surprised to get that response!! I'm not sure if he's angry with them for going to camp without him, or if he's enjoying only having one sister around to share us with. Probably a little of both.
I received a letter from Kindra today. She said she's having a great time and has made a lot of new friends. They had a "tip check" out on the canoe, which basically meant they tipped the canoe over, and two girls swam to one side and two swam to the other side. They had a deep water swim test, which Kindra passed. I assume that gives her the privilege of going into the deep water when they are swimming. When I went to Girl Scout camp, we were tested and each given a different colored swim cap depending on our swim skills. Not sure if they do anything like that anymore though. This camp is a lot smaller than the one I went to though.....or I'm a lot bigger, haha. ANYWAY...she wrote the letter on Monday and said they were going to the horses after their rest hour. She said it was hot, and that she's itchy and getting a lot of headaches. Then she said, but I'll live. That made me laugh, I tell them that a lot when they complain about silly things.
I haven't heard anything from Anna. According to Kindra, Anna's friend from school who was supposed to be going to resident camp with Anna (this was according to the little girl....) is actually only going to day camp. I hope that didn't upset Anna, and that she was able to make some friends too. I can't wait to hear from her, I'm sure she's having a great time.
I spent all day yesterday deep cleaning Anna's room. I went through everything, and moved her furniture around. I ended up with a big black trash bag full of stuff to throw away, another bag full of clothes for Goodwill, and another bag full of Kindra's stuff that somehow migrated into Anna's room over the last year. I also bought some new bedding, since her old stuff was literally falling apart! She will be so excited when she sees her room, she had no idea I was going to do this! Ever since Kindra moved downstairs, she's been making fun of Anna's room. Now Anna won't feel so bad!
Pavan has been working so much, we haven't seen him much at all. He was on call Monday, and is on call again today. He had clinic in Tomahawk this morning, headed to the hospital in Rhinelander to see some consults, met with our realtor and surveyor real quick at 2, and was headed back to the hospital for several more hours worth of consults and rounding on his patients. He's on call again Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Same thing next week, which is why I am leaving Saturday to head to Kansas City. Hopefully the first of the month will be better for him, when there will be 4 of the surgeons in town instead of just 2. It's a mixed blessing really, he is happy to have the added cases but hates being gone all the time.
Nothing more going on around here. We have taken Pavan's truck to 2 car dealers here in town looking to trade it in for a small car that gets better gas mileage. Unfortunately, we still owe so much on it, that the trade in values we've been quoted haven't really worked out for us. There are still a couple of dealers here in town we need to visit to see what they can do for us, but hopefully we can work something out. With gas at $3.14 here right now, we could use a car that gets 25 or 30 mpg instead of 10 or 15!!! I had been looking at trading in my Suburban for something smaller, but with 4 kids and taking frequent long distance car trips, there just isn't anything else that will fit us right now.
More later!
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment