Well today was Noah's first day of preschool at Nativity. He was fine when I dropped him off, a huge improvement from his first day of summer school!! But that was the point of summer school, to get him used to the school environment so he would succeed at Nativity. All of the other children were sitting at a table using Play Doh but of course he didn't like that idea, so when I left he was across the room playing with a toy concrete mixer (truck). I hope he does ok, if he has a good day at school I told him we would go to the park and visit Sugar Loaf and Butterscotch (the trains at the museum in Pioneer Park).
Yesterday afternoon I was looking through Noah's paperwork from preschool, and suddenly realized that he would be attending Mass on Thursdays just like Anna. AND he would have to adhere to the Mass dress code on those days, which means no blue jeans and no shorts. (They can only wear shorts to school in August and September, May and June anyway) I had just been cleaning out Noah and Amaya's dressers to get rid of winter clothes they'd outgrown and sorting through their new clothes to see what I needed to buy each of them. So I knew right off that Noah didn't have any clothes that would be appropriate for Mass. Darn.
So we had an early supper, and then me and Noah set off to do some shopping. First we went to Shop Ko, but didn't find anything in his size there. So we headed to JC Penney, and hit jackpot. It took a lot of searching, but I found him lots of cute clothes that aren't too casual, and aren't too fancy. After all, I can't send him to school in a suit and have him ruin it on the playground! The difficult thing is that he's a strange in-between size right now. Some of the clothes came from the toddler department, size 5T. And some came from the big boy department, size 4. I had to try everything on him, which was rather difficult....especially since he was more interested in performing tricks for himself in the mirror instead of trying on clothes!! The good thing is that he now has several outfits for this fall/winter, so I won't have to spend so much time looking for clothes for him when we go to Mall of America.
Not much else going on around here. Anna absolutely loves her new school, and it turns out she knows a lot of kids in her class from the YMCA or from Newbold (the school she and Kindra attended the year we moved here, it closed after that year and the kids were all scattered to other schools....a lot of them chose to go to Nativity Catholic or the Lutheran school at that point.) Kindra is loving school too, she had her High Arts class for the first time yesterday and loves her teacher. She's made a new friend named Jo (a girl) and it turns out Jo is in her High Arts class too, which made it even better. Kindra loves Chorus too, and will have 4 concerts throughout the year. I'll let you know when those will be as soon as I know.
I told the girls I would take them to school three days/week, on the days I have to take Noah to school. That way they wouldn't have to get up so early to catch the bus at 640 (they moved it up another 10 minutes!). They both declined my offer!!! I was shocked, but apparently they have such a good time visiting with friends on the bus, that they don't want to miss out.
More later,
Rebecca

1 comment:
What a big handsome boy Noah is becoming. Hard to believe he's almost 4 years old.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment