Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend

Back to Monday again, the weeks just fly by! We're getting excited for our trip to Minneapolis for Amaya's birthday, especially since we have family coming to spend the weekend with us at Mall of America. This might end up being an annual event, it's perfect timing to go shopping for fall/winter clothes for the kids, and a nice chance to get away before the snow flies! Although we're already thinking ahead to another trip to Minneapolis after the holidays. Once the first of the year rolls around, and we come down off that holiday high, winter seems to drag on and on. A few days away from it all will be a nice break at that point!

We had a busy, but fun, weekend. After school Friday, Kindra watched Amaya and Anna so I could go to Wal-Mart. Noah really isn't any trouble to take with me, as long as Amaya isn't along. She certainly brings out the worst in him, and the two of them take great pleasure in ganging up on me! Anyway...Kindra had plans to go to the high school football game Friday night, I was planning on dropping her off at the game and then picking her up when it was over. Well Pavan got home in time, and insisted that I go to the game too. Some of the women he works with were going to the game, and one of them has a daughter who is a friend of Anna's. He didn't have to tell me twice, I love highschool football games. So Kindra hung out with her friends during the game, Anna hung out with her friend, and I got to sit and socialize with other women. It was nice, even if we did lose the game!

Saturday morning Anna had her first flag football practice from 1030 until noon. It was drizzling, but that didn't stop them from practicing! The flag football teams are coached by the high school varsity coach, and some of the players, which is really neat. I stood there for the 30 minute parent meeting while Kindra Noah and Amaya watched a movie in the car. I was pretty wet by the time we headed out to do some shopping while Anna was at practice! We were planning to go to the farmer's market, but decided that would be a wash out so headed to The Pool People (we met Pavan there, he was rounding on his patients) to look at air hockey tables. We were pleasantly surprised when we got there, because the nicest air hockey table they had turned out tobe half the cost we were anticipating, and they had one in stock so we loaded it into Pavan's truck and headed back to pick up Anna.

Saturday afternoon Pavan and I put the air hockey table together (after calling a neighbor over to help carry it downstairs!), and the girls managed to invite several friends over to play. Kindra had three girls over, Anna had one girl over...so we had eight kids running around. Crazy, but at that point they were all entertaining each other so it wasn't bad. The thing is, Saturday night was teen night at the YMCA from 7-11PM. I had offered to drive a couple of Kindra's friends to teen night, and pick them up when it was over. No sense in all of us parents having to stay up late to go get the kids. So we ended up with two girls here who were going to go to teen night with Kindra and then stay the night at our house afterwards. Then Pavan asked Dave across the street to come over and help carry the air hockey table downstairs, so Haley came over to hang out too. She wasn't able to go to teen night, but stayed here until we left for the YMCA. We just dropped her off at home on our way into town.

Anna's friend went home around 6, but on our way into town we picked up another friends of hers, who came back to our house and played until we headed back into town at 11 to pick up the girls. Boy, by the time we got home around 1130, I was exhausted! I warned the girls against waking me up (bad idea!) and reminded them we had to be at church at 9AM, so they might want to reconsider staying up until 3AM!

Ok, so Sunday morning we dropped one of Kindra's friends off at home, then headed to church. Pavan and Amaya stayed at home for a little quality time together. Once again, Noah decided to go to church with me instead of going to his Sunday school class. Once again, about 15 minutes into it, he decided his class wasn't so bad after all! After church we came home to change and pick up Pavan and Amaya and headed downtown to the Taste of Northwoods event. It was a lot of fun! About 10 different restaurants from town had booths set up in the downtown area. You bought tickets for 50 cents each, and then went around to the booths and bought samples of their food for anything from 1 to 5 tickets. We ate so much food, it was all so delicious! The weather was beautiful for the event, although it stormed the night before and started raining again about an hour after it was over. After we'd eaten our fill, we headed to Shop Ko to buy some toddler beds we'd seen in their ad. We bought a Dora one for Amaya, and a race car one for Noah. Then we headed to WalMart to look at the Halloween decorations, to start stocking up one some for Kindra's big Halloween party. We had three carts....I went grocery shopping while the others looked through the Halloween items. I found a Dora sheet, pillow case, and blanket for Amaya. Noah already had a pillow case and a blanket at home with cars and trucks all over them, but I was able to find him a little fitted sheet too. So we loaded our three cart loads into the Suburban (which was sooo full by then) and headed home to get the beds together. Between the two of us, it didn't take too terribly long....but then we had to take the crib apart too! By the time Amaya woke up from her nap, we had both beds together and decorated. She was so excited!

Ok, well that's enough about our weekend. Busy busy busy. Fun too though. Needless to day, we're just hanging out in our PJs today!

Gymnastics tonight, gym ventures tomorrow morning, dance tomorrow night, youth group Wednesday, gymnastics Thursday. OH and school pictures for Noah and Anna Thursday. We've been practicing smiles with Noah, but no telling what sort of silly grin he'll actually end up flashing for the camera!

More later,

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I'm worn out from just reading about your weekend!  I must say it looks like your place may be the hangout place for the children and their friends - which I also think is great!  

I'm very excited about seeing all of you at the Mall of America and I believe Sharon is getting more and more excited to go.

See you soon

Love, Mom