The weeks are just flying by, and it looks like once a week is as often as I'll be able to write in this journal for now.
We've had a pretty uneventful week, at least not much has happened out of the ordinary. Noah and Amaya have been battling a cold all week. It started last weekend with Noah, and just kept getting worse and worse. I kept him home from school on Tuesday, thinking it'd be good to give him a couple of extra days to bounce back. Wednesday, I called to get him in to see his pediatrician, only to find out that there was only one pediatrician in town for the entire week, and they were booked up until this week. So, I took him in to see a doctor in urgent care Wednesday afternoon. The chest x-ray didn't show any pneumonia, so they figured it was just a viral illness and gave him some stronger cough medicine so he could get some sleep at night. By the next day, Noah was feeling better, but Amaya started running a fever and coughing. We ended up using his cough medicine for Amaya, and are hoping she starts to feel better soon. It's just that "crud" we all seem to get in the fall and winter. Low grade fever, runny nose, nagging cough. I hate it when they are sick though, especially when they are too little to understand why they feel so bad, yet big enough to really put up a fight when you try to give them medicine!! I swear, it either takes Pavan AND me to hold Amaya down (or Noah for that matter...), or I have to literally pin them down with my legs while I pry their mouths open for the medicine. I try to buy the chewable tablets whenever possible, because those taste really good and they will take them with no argument.....but sometimes you have to go with the real deal, and when it tastes horrible (like this prescription cough medicine) I can't really blame them for putting up a fight!
The weather has been pretty chilly, and we've actually had frost a few mornings this week. We've had a lot of rain the past week, too, and the combination of the rain and the cooler weather have our trees changing colors quickly. It's absolutely beautiful, and they are saying we'll hit peak colors in 2 weeks. I'd like to get the kids out in the woods and get some pictures of them while the leaves are changing. On Friday, Amaya and Noah and I went for a walk in the woods to look for deer and check out the pretty trees. We did see one deer, who ran off as soon as she heard us (of course), and the little ones had a great time collecting the bright red leaves that had fallen off the maple trees. They were so cute though, walking down the trails and holding hands. When Amaya would trip over a branch and fall down, Noah would bend over and help her up. It was very sweet.
Pavan has been on call all weekend, and he's been super busy. He went into to work early yesterday morning, and didn't come home until 5. Then he had to go back into the hospital overnight. This morning he kept Amaya while we went to church, and he actually took her to the hospital with him while he rounded. His patients, and the nurses, love playing with Noah and Amaya when he takes them along. He brought her back home around 11, and his pager was going off nonstop. He was scheduled to do a case around 1230, and he had several patients coming into the ER that he has to see too, so no telling when he'll make it home. At least he's able to take next weekend off, we are so excited for our weekend in Minneapolis!
We had our first appointment with the therapist who is going to be helping us develop a parenting plan for Noah. She is wonderful!! Pavan and I met with her alone this time, but next time we will take Noah with us. He will be going once a week for now, starting a week from Wednesday. Everyone there was so nice, and the secretary is actually going to work late on the days we come to help look after Amaya and Anna while Kindra is at youth group. The only bad thing is that our insurance company refuses to pay for this particular therapist, even though she's the only one in the area who works with children this young. Bummer. Oh well, it's money well spent if it helps us understand Noah better.
Speaking of Noah, he's had a great week. No problems at school, and he went into his own Sunday school class with no problems this week. Yea! Anna has been working on her gymnastics routine a lot, they sent home papers with the balance beam and floor routines that she will be doing at competition, and she's been working on those. I couldn't believe how much better she's gotten now that she's going two nights aweek! Can you believe the end of her balance beam routine has her doing a cartwheel on the beam?? Wow. Kindra has been working much harder on her schoolwork, and having us double check her work ever since she got a shocking bad grade on a math assignment. The first month of school almost seems wasted, it seems to take them that long to get back into the hang of things! And Amaya is just her usual sweet self, she's such a joy! She had to miss her gym ventures class this week because of Noah being sick, but hopefully she'll be feeling better and get to go this week. I'll try to take a few pictures of her there to share with you all.
Better get going. I am attending a class at church from 330 until 5, Kindra has a friend over to help her babysit. They've been working on plans for the Halloween party, and are out on the trails looking for our missing kitty. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that subject. Our littlest kitty, Macy, is missing. She hasn't been home in three days, and we are very worried about her. Kindra is just sick about the whole thing, she can hardly eat and she's been bursting out in tears all weekend. It's been pretty sad. She seems better now that her friend is over, but it's hard to know what to say to anyone when they lose something so important to them.
More later-
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment