Just a quick note to let you all know that we are doing great, but things are so busy around here right now! I'm sorry I've not been adding entries more frequently, I hope that will change once school is out and things calm down a bit! There's something about this time of year, these last few weeks of school are like a mad dash to the finish line!
This week is an especially busy one. Dance recitals are this Saturday and Sunday. Three shows on Saturday, two shows on Sunday. Kindra is in all five shows, Anna is in three shows, Noah is in two shows. Add up all those costume, hair, and makeup changes, whew! It's exhausting! We have dress rehearsals four nights this week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Friday and Saturday nights we will stay at a hotel in Merrill. It's so much easier that way, since it's an hour drive from our house.
My mom will be flying into Rhinelander on Wednesday night...she moved her ticket up one day so she would be here for Anna's baptism. Like I said before, Anna will be baptized Thursday at the 915 AM mass. She is so excited! Since Mom and Kindra will be there, they can take pictures of the baptism. I will be sure to get them on here for you all to see ASAP. My dad and Margaret are also coming up for the recital, they will drive up on Saturday, watch the noon show on Sunday, and leave that night. Whew!
Speaking of Anna....she had an unusual accident two weekends ago (on the 5th). They were cleaning out the garage, and Anna fell down...and SOMEHOW ripped one of her fingernails out! It was so horrible! Kindra went back out into the garage and found the nail, and I swear it was ripped out by the roots. I don't know if it will ever grow back, and the process of it healing is just so slow and painful for Anna. It's been a difficult time for her, and for all of us...trying to figure out what to do to reduce the pain, but also allow it to heal.
Anna was supposed to start soccer last week, but we found out the games would be on Monday nights. She has gymnastics on Monday nights...and it didn't take her any time at all to decide she wanted to give 100% to gymnastics. So she dropped soccer. I'm sure we could have made it work, but it would have been difficult and crazy. It was a little sad to see her give up soccer, since she's so good at it, but I was very proud of her for realizing she couldn't do everything, and prioritizing her activities! She had her last chorus performance on Sunday morning (for a special Mother's Day mass), so that's over for the year. After this weekend dance will be over until the fall. That leaves her with swim and gymnastics, which is perfect!
Ok I really better get going. Enjoy the pictures. Check out YouTube later today, I am planning to add a couple more videos in a few minutes. One is of Anna's solo performance during the 2nd grade Friendship Play, and one is of Noah singing a song at the Mother's Day tea this morning at his preschool class. Very cute!
Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, as you can see by the pictures, mine was wonderful. Special mass in the morning, time alone to read a book, Pavan cooked dinner, lots of wonderful presents, and then a movie with Kindra in the evening!
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment