He passed!!! That's the big news at our house today, Pavan found out at 8 this morning that he passed his oral board exam. We are all so excited, and you can see that a huge burden has been lifted from Pavan. He felt really good about the exam, but was afraid to get his hopes up until he saw it in writing that he had indeed passed. We celebrated this morning by going out to breakfast with Noah and Amaya. I had bought food for a cookout, but you can tell by the pictures that it's not exactly cookout weather up here. I am going to make a special dinner tomorrow night to celebrate.
The other big story today is the weather, which is unbelievable for May 11th. It started sleeting around 9 this morning, and has not stopped at all. First of all, I've never had it sleet and snow on May 11th. And second of all....it's been sleeting hard and steady for 12 hours. Unbelievable. On our way home from dance tonight some big fat snowflakes started mixing with the sleet, but I can still hear that it's mostly sleet on our skylights. There's a white layer covering everything. Thank goodness most of my flowers were in planters that could be brought inside. I was able to cover some of them with towels, but I'm not sure how much that's going to help considering the amount of sleet we've been getting. The temperature has been right around 34 all day though, so hopefully the flowers will hold up ok.
After breakfast we ran some errands, and then went to Schoeder's RV here in Rhinelander. They were the ones that ignored me last weekend when I went in there with the children, but they came right up and helped us when I went in there with Pavan. They weren't very busy today though, the weather probably kept most people from going out to look at RVs! The guy must have thought we were crazy for wanting to look at the RVs when it was sleeing so hard, so he just gave us the master key and told us where the trailers were located that had bunk houses in them. He did come out and walk around with us for awhile though, which I thought was pretty brave. That wind was so cold, and that sleet really hurt when it hit your face at 40 mph!! We found a couple of RVs that we really liked so now we are going to look around other places and see where we can geta good deal.
This afternoon Pavan stayed home with Noah and Amaya so I could go to Kindra's basketball game. Her team did really good, but Kindra got tripped and scraped both her knees. They only have a couple more games, but Kindra will have to miss the one next week because of dress rehearsal for dance recital. We found out tonight that she has to be there by 330 next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for dress rehearsal. I'm going to have to call Dorinda tomorrow and figure out how that's going to work, since the girls don't even get out of school until 245 and it takes an hour to drive down there. Next week is going to be very stressful, but once recital is over we are done with dance. At least done taking dance in a town an hour away!
Tonight Pavan wanted to stay home with Noah and Amaya while I took the girls to dance, because he wanted to take them swimming at the YMCA. Now that's brave! He said they had a great time though, and Noah ran over to tell me all about it the minute I walked in the door tonight.
I'd better get off here. Our power keeps flickering and every time it flickers I lose my wireless internet connection. Then Pavan has to run downstairs and fix it!
By the way, it's now been sleeting for more than 12 hours straight. With the wind blowing so hard, the noise is unbelievable with the sleet driving right into all the windows and skylights on the lake side of the house. Might have to sleep with the TV on just to drown out that noise a little bit! Welcome to May in the Northwoods! Gotta love a little adventure though, keeps life interesting!
More later
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment