Monday, May 15, 2006

weekend

Here are a few new pictures I took this morning. As busy as we were this weekend, somehow I didn't take any pictures. I guess I'm not used to having my digital camera back yet.

Friday afternoon I went to a Mother's Day tea party at Anna's school. It was really nice, and it was extra special because Pavan watched Noah and Amaya so I could devote some time just to Anna. It made me realize how precious little time I am able to spend one on one with each child, and made me understand the "middle child" phrase. Anyway, each child had drawn a picture of their mother, along with some descriptive words about her....and they were posted all over the room. We had to pick out which picture was ours, which was really funny. Thankfully, mine was relatively normal looking. Some of the drawings had the mother's hair all spiked out and strange, so of course I was looking around the room trying to figure out which mom inspired that drawing! The children sang several songs about mothers, most of them were songs we all know but the words had been changed. The most touching part was that each child had written a poem about their mom, and they each went in front of the class and read them out loud. They should have passed out kleenex before that part, it was so special. After that we all went to the gym and had treats, as well as lemonade, coffee, or hot tea. I had brought two tea cups with saucers, which Anna thought was fantastic! We were able to sign them out of school about 20 minutes early, and then we headed over to pick up Kindra from school.

Friday night was the carnival at Anna's school. Thankfully, Noah and Amaya had naps that afternoon so they were actually in a good mood for the carnival. We had a good time, and Pavan was able to come too. He met us there about 45 minutes after we got there. They had a moonwalk, which was the only thing Noah was interested in doing. So we waited in line for 30 minutes so he could jump around for 5 minutes! Eventually we talked him into taking a break to get some food to eat, and as the carnival wound down the line for the moonwalk was very short so he was able to do it several more times.

Kindra and Anna had a great time running around with their friends, and their favorite game was the cake walk. Unfortunately, they had great luck with the cake walk and we ended up with 7 pans of cakes, brownies and cupcakes. Thankfully, Kindra gave away a pan of brownies to a friend, but we still came home with a lot of goodies! Just what we all needed, I'm sure. I caught Pavan feeding cupcakes to Noah for breakfast, haha. Oh well, we all deserve a break from the routine sometimes!

Saturday Pavan took Noah and Kindra to run errands with him in the morning. They had to take the dogs to be groomed, and wash the dog kennels and beds. They also went out to breakfast, and goofed off for awhile. According to Noah, they went 4 wheeling in a muddy field beside the road. I learned this when we drove past the same field later in the day, and Noah announced - That's where Daddy went driving in the purple truck. He drove really fast through the mud and it splashed up all over his truck. Then we had to go to the carwash - It was so funny to see the look on Pavan's face when Noah ratted him out!!! What is it they say about boys and their toys??

Saturday afternoon Pavan took Noah, Kindra, Anna, and Anna's friend Lauren to the YMCA pool. I kept Amaya home for a nap, and I spent the time cooking for our special dinner to celebrate Pavan passing his oral boards. We had Indian food, which is always Pavan's favorite. It was all very delicious, and Amaya went crazy with the chicken. Pavan couldn't seem to get it on her plate fast enough. She's a lot different than Noah, and I am starting to think they will be the same size within a year!

On Sunday the girls made me breakfast in bed. They made cereal, toast and coffee. The funny thing is that they made it before I was awake, and then just set it beside the bed. So by the time I woke up, it was all cold and soggy, haha. I tried to eat the toast, but it turns out Kindra had sprinkled Splenda all over the toast, even though it had strawberry jelly on it. I love sweets, but that was a little over the top! She had put some strawberries on the plate with the toast, so I think she was trying to sweeten them. It was such a nice thought though, I was glad they weren't in the room when Pavan disposed of the food! The really strange thing is thatI had been dreaming about toast with strawberry jelly, and had decided I was going to have some for breakfast. See, she read my mind!

Sunday afternoon we made a trip to WalMart, and at 5 Anna had her first soccer practice. She's one division higher this year than last year, which is nice because it means she'll get to start expanding her skills. Unfortunately, it was 50 degrees, windy, and sprinkling for practice. It was a good thing that Pavan stayed back with the other children, because it was miserable at practice. After practice we all met at Pizza Hut for dinner. I love pizza, so that's where I chose for mother's day dinner. We splurged and got the cinnamon breadsticks for dessert, those are so good! Then we headed home to watch Charmed (Kindra's favorite show), Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. Pavan put a little TV in our closet so the little ones could watch TV while we watched the adult shows. The picture above is from this morning, I caught Amaya sitting on top of the TV and then leaning over the front to watch Spongebob upside down. Of course, as soon as she saw the camera, she started saying Cheese and smiling!

Well it's raining again, or maybe I should say it's raining STILL. I can't remember the last day it didn't rain, I guess it's been raining for about 5 days. We do need the rain, but I'm ready for the sun!!

Better go, time for lunch and then naps! Kindra has basketball practice after school today so I don't have to pick her up until 4. That's nice, because I don't have to rush to get Amaya down for a nap.

More later in the week. We have a busy week ahead of us, gymnastics tomorrow night, Kindra's game Wednesday afternoon, dress rehearsal Thursday and Friday. Recitals Saturday and Sunday. Mom and Allen are going to be here sometime Thursday afternoon, and we are all staying at a hotel in Merrill on Friday and Saturday nights so we won't have to make the trip back and forth to Merrill all weekend long. At least their dance teacher was kind enough to excuse the girls from the Tuesday and Wednesday night rehearsals, or I don't knowwhat we would have done!  

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture gallery you have going!  It is very colorful.

Then, of course, Amaya sitting on top of the TV is pretty funny - what will she do next?!!!

Love, Mom