Monday, October 2, 2006

Amaya's 2nd Birthday

I'm actually surprised I was able to add so many pictures to one journal entry! I couldn't believe how many pictures we took over the last three days in Minneapolis, you really take a lot more pictures when you have a digital camera, which is opposite of what I thought would be true. Since you can immediately tell if you took a good picture, I thought you'd take fewer pictures! I added about half the pictures we took to the journal, and I had actually forgotten my camera one day, so I'll have to rely on my mom and Pavan's parents to fill in those gaps!

We had a great time at Mall of America for Amaya's birthday. Although the whole experience of the mall can be summed up in these two words....sensory overload! It was exhausting, and I swear we walked 10 miles! That place is sooo big, four stories of shopping and shaped like a big square. You have the north south east and west shopping areas, with a huge indoor amusement park in the center. It's overwhelming, but a lot of fun for kids and adults alike.

We arrived on Thursday evening, and spend Friday morning shopping. Headed back to the hotel in the afternoon just in time for Mom and Aunt Sharon, and Pavan's mom and dad to arrive. Then we all headed back to the mall together. On Saturday we spent 9 hours at the mall!!!! Did some shopping, played in the amusement park, went to the aquarium. Although looking back, it seems like half our time was spent wandering around!!! Around 7 we headed back to the hotel for Amaya's birthday party. We had reserved three rooms, all next to one another, and Pavan and the kids and I had a 2 room suite. We had the party in our livingroom, which was just the right size. We had thought of reserving a meeting room or something, but this worked out fine. As you can see, Dora was the theme. Not my favorite....but hey, it's Amaya's birthday!

Amaya still wasn't really into opening presents. She opened one, and then wanted to play (the ark). So we put the baby doll down in front of her....and she was done with the ark! The main problem was that as soon as she realized she had a baby doll AND and stroller, the party was over as far as she was concerned! So Noah ended up opening the rest of the presents while Amaya pushed her dolly around the room (and around and around and around). And she wouldn't let ANYONE near her doll. Very protective mother.

Sunday morning we all packed up, and headed to IHOP for breakfast together. Ok, so it ended up more like a brunch....but what can you expect, we were on vacation! It was such a beautiful day, we didn't mind the 30 minute wait for our table. The children played outside in the sunshine, and we stood around chatting. After breakfast we headed back to the hotel to load up the Suburban, and then all headed our own ways. Pavan's parents headed to the airport, Mom and Aunt Sharon left for KC, and we headed back to Rhinelander. We had such a great time seeing everyone, and getting out of Rhinelander for a few days. We love small town life, but we're realizing monthly get aways to the city are nice!

Better go. Lots to do today, as always.

Rebecca

No comments: