Tuesday, October 31, 2006

And we ramble on....

Well, it's been a couple of weeks....thought it was about time I get back on here and get some new pictures of the kids online for all my faithful Reddy Rambles followers! It goes without saying that the last two weeks have been some of the hardest in our family's life, and it is going to take several more weeks and months for things to get back to "normal", it that's even possible!! My mom was here with us for a week, and flew back to KC on Sunday. Please keep her in your prayers as she charts this unfamiliar territory.

The kids are doing great....and we are all bracing for our third winter here in the Northwoods. The days are getting so short, but Kindra is extra thankful for the time change!! She was actually having to walk to the bus stop in the dark for the last few weeks, and that quarter mile down our driveway, through the woods, in the dark.....well, I'm not sure I would have done it!!! Creepy!!! At least now it's light when she walks to the bus, although it gets dark very very early. Hard to believe it was only a couple of months ago that I was complaining about 18 hours of daylight...now we're down to about 10!! Such is life in the north.

Another thing that's hard to get used to is the Halloween weather you have to endure up here! Yesterday was in the 50s, today it's 30....snow flurries this morning....and WINDY!!!! Basically, it's cold. And it's Halloween, so the kids expect to go trick or treating....Did I mention it's cold? We are probably going to skip the outdoors trick or treating, and head to Grace Lodge...an assisted living facility in town. It's a really nice place...we went there 2 years ago on our first Halloween in Rhinelander. Amaya was a newborn, and it was so cold. This year they have added a haunted house, which will be fun for the kids. All of the residents sit by their doors (it's like apartments in this building) and hand out candy to the children. It's warm, and the residents really love seeing all the children dressed up in their costumes. Did I mention it's warm???

Hope you enjoy the pictures. They go all the way back to when my cousin Cindy was in town for a long weekend, back on the 12th-16th. We all headed back to KCtogether on the 16th. A few pictures of my brother with our new cat, Bob, taken at Mom's house in KC. Then some of us back in Rhinelander with Mom here for a week. I'm sure I'll take lots of pictures tonight of my little goblins. I'll put them online tonight or tomorrow. Oh, that reminds me....Happy Birthday to our friend Larry Erickson. I had forgotten he really is a little goblin....

More later,

Rebecca

No comments: