For those of you who haven't heard, we've had a very stressful and dramatic week in our family. On Tuesday evening, we loaded up the kids and headed to Merrill for dance class. On our way there, my mom called Pavan on his cell phone. I could tell something was wrong immediately. My stepfather, Allen, had a heart attack. He'd been in Florida the week before, and hadn't been feeling well. When he got home to KC, he was a little short of breath and his leg was swollen. The next morning he went to see the doctor, and they sent him to the ER at Liberty Hospital. Blood tests confirmed that he'd had a heart attack.
Well, when we got home from dance class, I bought 2 tickets for me and Amaya to fly to KC the next morning. Pavan had already made arrangements to be off work the rest of the week to take care of the children and hold down the fort here in Rhinelander, which was AMAZING, I will never forget him doing that for us without me even asking. We left Rhinelander around 8 on Wednesday morning, arrived in KC around noon, and went straight to the hospital....my sister picked us up at the airport. Allen had a cardiac cath on Wednesday morning, was transferred to KU Med Center (where Pavan did his residency, and where I used to work) in KC, KS around 1100 Wednesday night, and was in the OR having double bypass surgery by 11AM Thursday.
Long story short....Allen is doing AWESOME!!! Before 24 hours had passed, he was up out of bed and sitting in a chair. He's been on a lot of medication to keep his blood pressure up, but he should be home within the week. Keep in mind, his 80th birthday is this coming Thursday, October 12th. Truly an answered prayer.
Amaya and I flew home last night, arrived in Rhinelander around 1130 last night. For now, we are going to stay home, but Mom knows to call me if she needs my help, and I will be there ASAP.
A huge thank you to all of you who've kept Allen and Mom in your prayers. They will need our continued support and prayers as they face the many weeks of healing to come.
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment