Friday, April 25, 2008

It's always something!!

We've had a hectic week in our house, but every day brings us one day closer to our move to Sioux Falls, so that makes the long drives a little easier to take! Monday Anna had gymnastics in Rhinelander, Tuesday Noah and Amaya had dance in Merrill, Wednesday Anna and Amaya had gymnastics in Weston, and Thursday Anna had dance in Merrill. Only 2 more weeks of dance and then dress rehearsals and the dance recital, and dance will be over for the year.Next week is the last week of this session of gymnastics, but I went ahead and signed Amaya up for the next session since we'll keep having Anna in private lessons on Wednesday evenings. It would be very harmful for Anna to stop gymnastics for the next 2 months until we move to Sioux Falls, it would take her months to regain the skills and flexibility she would lose in that period of time.

We've had a busy week medically too. Last week I found a "lump", more like a huge knot in my right breast. Sorry to get so graphic, but thought I'd pass this information on to keep everyone informed. Monday morning I had an ultrasound of the breast, which didn't show anything. So, Thursday I had a mammogram. It also didn't show anything. So, the "lump" or knot is being attributed to fibrocystic changes, and my doctor has me taking Vitamin E and Oil of Evening Primrose, both are supposed to help with the swelling and pain. I'm just relieved it's nothing to be worried about.

Pavan had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon Monday morning about the continued pain and difficulty moving his left elbow. The xray looked ok but they have ordered an MRI next Wednesday to make sure that bone fragment hasn't separated. If it's just floating around, they will recommend more surgery. I'll keep you informed as to the results of the MRI.

Yesterday Amaya fell of the counter in the bathroom and split open her chin. I called Pavan and took her in to have it cleaned out and have him take a look at it. He glued it back together, but she fell again last night and split it open again!! So, we put some antibiotic ointment and a bandaid on it and left it at that. It's under her chin, so even if she has a scar, it won't really be noticeable

AND Kindra had to have her toe operated on again yesterday afternoon for the recurring ingrown toenail that's been plaguing her for the last 6 months. It was very swollen and infected again, so Pavan cleaned it up and cut back the toenail even more. She limping around today, but seems to be doing ok. The funny thing is that the pain medicine she's taking keeps giving her the hiccups!! She took the same medicine back in November when she first had the toe operated on, and would get hiccups several times a day. As a matter of fact, she's walking around the house right now trying to get rid of her hiccups before we leave for a Christian rock concert at the junior high!!

One more medical issue...the last steri-strips finally came off my leg, so Pavan was looking at how well it was healing. Turns out the surgeon left behind a 3 or 4 inch section of the worst part of the vein. It probably deflated during surgery and he didn't even realize he left it behind. But, it's pretty ugly and swollen now, so I am going to have Pavan remove it outpatient on Monday afternoon. Whew, no wonder I feel so tired, we've had a rough week!

OH I lied, I do have one more medical issue to tell you about. My grandfather (Grandpa Kenney, my mom's father) needs to have heart bypass surgery next week. I ask that you keep him, my grandmother, and our entire family in your prayers. One of my cousins is currently on her way from Oregon to Kansas City to be there for the surgery, along with her husband and 2 of her 5 children. Let us all pray for her safe travel.

The kittensare doing well. Three of the six have their eyes open now, and they looked utterly shocked! They have been getting more and more adventurous, crawling several feet away from Callie and the other kittens and then suddenly realizing they've gone too far and mewing so loud that we can hear them downstairs loud and clear! (they are all still living in the loft)

We've been enjoying continued warmer weather with more rain and thunderstorms this week. The snow is essentially gone now, and most of the ice on the lake has melted as well. Their are several ducks back on our lake, and today I spotted 2 loons down there. I will be sad to leave the lake behind, and all of the wildlife that we have enjoyed over the last 4 years. However, we are getting very excited for our move to Sioux Falls. We can always come back to Rhinelander to vacation!

More later,

Rebecca

 

 

No comments: