Monday, June 19, 2006

Noah's Day

Hooray! Noah had a great day today at school. We spent all weekend talking about school....school is fun, school is great, etc. We also went over a list of rules with Noah about how he was to behave at school. No yelling or screaming, no hitting, no throwing, no crying, and use the potty. This morning I talked with him in the hallway before we went into the classroom. I asked him how are you going to behave in school today Noah?? He recited the list of rules back to me, which was actually pretty cute....but I was a basket case all morning worrying about how he was doing. When I got to the school this afternoon, I was afraid to peek in the window to see how he was doing, but curiosity won me over. I had such a big smile on my face when I peeked in the window and saw Noah in the group with all the other kids.

After a few minutes all the children started filing out the door, and Noah came running up to me with a certificate saying he'd had a great day. I was so proud of him! The teacher said he behaved perfectly all day, but he did have an accident when he just couldn't make it to the bathroom on time. Of course his teacher and I both agreed the good behavior overshadowed the accident at this point! I will keep praying and preparing Noah for each day, and hopefully soon the good days will outnumber the bad. The hopelessness I felt on Friday is turned to joy today, but I know all too well how quickly that could change again! Such is life with our little enigma called Noah! I am still looking forward to our appointment later this month though. Any help we can get in making sure each day is a good one will be useful!

I included a few pictures. Pavan is horrified by the first one, because he claims to hate cats. I've been doubting the truth of that statement for quite some time, and this picture proves my point! (Pavan says he fell asleep and the cat crawled under his arm, haha) The next two pictures were taken yesterday, which was Father's Day AND Pavan's birthday. He had another really busy day at work, but did come home long enough to eat some French toast Kindra made for him (around one!), and then was home in time to order a late dinner (Chicago style stuffed pizza, yum) and pose for these goofy pictures. I was attempting to get a picture of him in one of the new outfits his mother had sent for his birthday, but he kept insisting on making goofy faces like Noah. The last one is of our new visitor to the back porch feeding station. A couple of nights ago I heard something munching on seeds outside our bedroom on the porch. It was a raccoon, but I scared him off before I could get a picture. Last night I was able to get a picture without him running away. He's a curious little thing, he comes right up to the window and stares at me. Very pretty, I've never seen one that close before. I know how mean they can be too though, Molly got in a fight with one in Kansas City and got a big gash on her chest before we broke up the fight. The cats keep begging to go outside every time they see the raccoon, but I just lock them out of my room. If Molly can't beat a raccoon, our declawed kitties certainly can't!

Pray for another good day tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes. Anna has a soccer game tonight at 630.

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Noah that Nanny says "Way to go!!!"  I can only imagine how relieved you must have felt when you went to pick him up.  Guess you can only take one moment at a time with Noah and give praise to God when everything turns out okay and ask for help when it doesn't!

Can't wait to see all of you next month!

Love, Mom