I've been meaning to write all week, but just now found the time.
Noah had another great day at school on Tuesday, yea! But Tuesday evening he started running a fever, and he's been home from school the last two days. Since they don't have school on Fridays, he'll not go back until Monday. Hopefully we won't have to start all over getting him used to going to school. He was just getting to the point where he actually looked forward to going to school, so I was upset that he got sick when he did. Unfortunately, he's never been around other children and all those germs, so it makes sense that he would get sick now that he's being exposed to all of that.
Noah had been coughing some for about 6 days. No other problems though, until Tuesday when he started running a fever. Last night was horrible though. He was coughing almost nonstop, even after we'd given him medication to help with the cough. He was also wheezing, which we've never heard him do before. We had to prop him up on pillows, give him medication, use Vicks Vapo-Rub, and he eventually got some sleep. I took him to the doctor this morning, and they did a chest x-ray. The x-ray didn't really show a pneumonia, but his doctor heard some wheezing when she listened to his chest....and with the cough followed by the fever several days later, she's convinced he has pneumonia (atypical pneumonia, or walking pneumonia). So he is on oral antibiotics, breathing treatments two times each day, and an inhaler when needed. I hope he starts feeling better soon.
I don't really have much more to tell for now. We've not been doing much because of Noah being sick. The weather is beautiful, in the 70s with a nice breeze. We are enjoying the lower energy bills now that we aren't having to use the AC or heat consistently. It will be next May before we can start any work on the house, so we will have to survive one more winter with all the problems, and high heating bills. I was pretty upset when I found that out, but with the extra money we're earning in interest we will be able to remodel the kitchen too. So, I guess it makes the wait easier to bear!
The girls won't be going to summer school next week, Anna will be going to a flag football camp during the day, and Kindra will be going to volleyball camp. Both camps are at the high school for a couple of hours, Monday through Thursday. Anna did a great job at swimming on Tuesday, she was actually swimming the full length of the pool (in the deep end) on her own. Tonight Anna has gymnastics, I am hoping I can watch a little more than I was able to last week. Kindra was supposed to have swim tonight, but her class ended up being canceled due to low enrollment. Oh well.
Oh, one more thing. I talked with Nativity Catholic Preschool, which is where Noah will be going in the fall. They had an opening on Thursday mornings, so I signed him up to go 3 mornings/week instead of 2 mornings/week. I thought the extra day might do him good. So he'll be going Tuesday, Thursday and Friday starting in September.
Remember to let me know if you'd like to order any Scrip....I will be going in tomorrow to place another order. I will pay for the order now, and then you can just pay me back when I get the Scrip to you.
More later,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment