Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Busy Days

I apologize for not writing anything yesterday, but by the time I got Amaya to sleep, I was just too tired to get online. We've been so busy playing the role of tourists and visiting with our family, and enjoying the beautiful weather. It's been around 80 every day, and sunny. Perfect weather to spend the days outside at the park, or looking around various historical sites in the area.

Yesterday we drove to Kearney, MO (about 5 miles north of Mom's house in Liberty) and visited the Jesse James Farm Museum. My brother met us there, and we had a great time. It's a good place to take children, since a good deal of the time is spent outdoors looking at the farm house, slave house, and smoke house. They show a quick movie that talks about the James brothers and the James gang, and then you look through a lot of items in the indoor portion of the museum. It was all very interesting, and the children really loved looking at the old house. They actually let you go inside and walk around the rooms, which is neat.

When we got done at the museum, we went to a park in Kearney and played for over an hour. It was just too nice outside to go home! Last night I went to quilting class with Mom, while Pavan stayed home with the children (very nice of him!), and then he left to pick up Allen at the airport while I stayed home with the children. Allen had been in Florida for his granddaughter's wedding, so it was nice for him to get home! The kids were all wondering where Papa went!

Today we were super busy. First I dropped Pavan off at my dad's house, because he was to have a lesson in smoking meat. My dad is certainly the expert when it comes to that! Then the children and I went to Target to do some summer clothes shopping. That was crazy!! I don't recommend clothes shopping alone with 4 children unless it's absolutely necessary! Then we picked up lunch and headed to the park in Liberty for about an hour. There were about 5 other little boys there, so Noah made some new friends and had a great time.

We picked Pavan up at 2 and went to the Clay County Historical Museum on the Liberty square, withmy brother again. It's a really neat place, and only cost $1 for adults, 50 cents for children. The building it occupies was an old pharmacy, with an old doctor's office upstairs. And when I say old, I mean late 1800s. So a lot of the items in there were from the pharmacy and doctor's office, fascinating!!! Then in the basement they had old items used for farming, some old baby clothes, old tools, and a replica of an old kitchen. It was all so interesting. Oh, and lots of old pictures taken in Liberty. You should all go there, especially if you are from the Liberty area. The square is such a neat area anyway, we went into a great little chocolate shop after the museum and tried out their chocolate covered Twizlers. My niece, Kierra, gets one every Friday that her daddy picks her up, so we had to give them a try!

After the museum, we drove around town until Amaya fell asleep and then went to a place that sells RVs. The kids watched a movie in the car while Pavan and I walked around and looked at some trailers and 5th wheels. About 530 we headed back to Dad's house for supper. You want some classic Kansas City barbecue? This was the real deal, so delicious! We had ribs, pork loin, roast, chicken, and Italian sausage. And of course baked beans, salad, potato salad.....Chris was there, and Becky stopped by for a few minutes when she got off work. The children played outside the entire time.

Everyone is in bed now, and I am headed there soon too. Noah fell asleep in my bed, and Amaya fell asleep in Pavan's bed....so looks like we've traded kids for tonight. Until Amaya wakes up...I'm sure Pavan will switch them back at that point! I definitely got the best end of this deal with Noah in my bed!

More later in the week. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, we don't have any plans yet. Maybe the zoo....

Rebecca

No comments: