Today we tried out our new digital camera, I took this picture out our front door to give you an idea of how much snow we still have on the ground. Compared to what we had about a month ago, this is nothing! It's amazing how much snow we get up here and how long it takes for it all to melt. It will be at least another month before the snow is all gone from the shady places in the forest.
This morning I went to church with Kindra and Anna. Pavan had been in the ER late, and with the time change he was having an especially hard time getting up for early service, so he stayed home with the little ones. We had a guest preacher today, and his sermon was great. The service lasted an hour and a half, but it was so good I didn't even notice. It's nice to be able to sit still for that long and not have any children pulling on me! Kindra and Anna attend Sunday school while we go to the early service, so it works out nicely.
When we got home from church, Pavan was outside shooting his bow and arrow while Noah rode his monster truck around and Amaya played in the snow and puddles. They love to be outside, but it was only 35 so they were pretty cold. They were ready to come in and warm up. We've just played around the house the rest of they day. Pavan left to go round on his patients around 1130 and was gone until around 330. I made a pork roast for dinner and we ate when he got home. We are going to go to Culvers for some frozen custard in a few minutes, yummy!!
There's not much else going on around here today. We have decided to try and keep our Sundays as a day of rest, as they were meant to be. It's been very nice to just hang around the house and get ready, mentally and physically and spiritually, for the next week. It seemed like God was trying to tell us that we needed to slow down for a day, spend time as a family and just RELAX because in the past few weeks I've come across three different articles....all in different magazines/Bible studies that have addressed the need for people to observe a day of rest in our fast paced society.
I'd better get going. It takes 15 minutes just to get everyone's shoes and coats on,and get in the car!
Oh, the other picture was taken out the back of the house toward the lake, to show you all how the lake is still frozen....but you can see that some of the snow is gone, like around the play set. Also a picture of Noah in his underwear, I was just playing around with the camera...and he happened to be sitting there. The lesson here.....don't sit around in your underwear when I'm nearby with a camera!
More later!
Rebecca

1 comment:
Looks like you're up and running with your new camera. This is going to be great to see pictures of you guys quicker.
And I love your idea about the day of rest - I think we all need to do more of that.
Hope you thought of me when you were at Culvers!!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment