Monday, April 3, 2006

Monday

Today was one of those days when I felt like Amaya and Noah had ganged up on me to keep me busy! Mondays are always busy because I spend a lot of time cleaning up from the weekend, and catching up on all the laundry I had vowed to do over the weekend but never managed to finish. It seemed like each time I tackled one task, Noah and Amaya were hard at work making another mess for me to clean up! I had just finished vacuuming our bedroom floor, and moved onto Anna's bedroom. By the time I put the vacuum away and walked back into my bedroom, Noah had spilled half a box of Fruity Pebbles on the bedroom floor. My advice to you...be sure you turn the rotating vacuum brushes OFF before trying to vacuum Fruity Pebbles.....they were flying everywhere!!! When I went to put away the vacuum I decided to call Kindra's school to find out how long basketball practice was going to last, and when I got back into the bedroom two pieces of our vertical blinds were missing. So I looked in the bedroom, bathroom, Anna's room, kitchen, living room....I was so confused!!!! Amaya and Noah were playing with trains in the living room at this point! So I asked Noah what happened to them and he told me he'd taken them up to Kindra's room, in the loft! I can't imagine how he took two of them down and dragged them up to the loft in the two minutes it took me to make that phone call! Busy day, and a little crazy too because of the time change. Amaya and Noah slept until 945, which meant Amaya didn't take a nap until 3. That would have been fine except that we had to leave at 345 to pick up Kindra from basketball practice at 4, so Amaya was a little cranky from such a short nap.

Kindra started basketball today. This week they have practice on Monday and Tuesday from 245-400, and after that the coaches will break them up into teams. It sounds like they will have practice once a week and play games on Thursdays. It's a lot different this year because of all the 4th and 5th graders being in the same school. Last year each elementary had their own team, and then traveled between schools to play games. At least it will be enough to keep their skills going for middle school next year.

Every Monday I have a women's Bible study from 630 until 830PM. Right now we are doing a Beth Moore study called "Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life." The title is a mouthful and doesn't sound all that interesting, but it has truly been a life changing study. I recommend it for everyone! I really enjoy my time at Bible study every week. It's a nice break from the children, and it's so refreshing to have time of fellowship with other women. Women from all different denominations attend the study, and it's great to see people reaching across denominational lines to grow in Christ. I hope to set up another page online where I can share verses that mean a lot to me, and also share great things I learn in these studies.

While I was gone to Bible study, Pavan had to take the children to the high school to sign Anna up for the summer soccer league through the Rhinelander Soccer Club. It's held from mid May to mid July. They also went to McDonald's for dinner, to Pioneer Park (where the farmer's market is held in the summer, near the logging museum....for those of you who've been up here), and then to Culver's for frozen custard. Man, and all I got for dinner was a Lean Pocket!! All I can say is that the kids are lucky they got a night out with Dad....it was cold and windy today, I sure wouldn't have gone to the park!! I guess Pavan's a lot like the kids in that he doesn't notice the cold and wind...he goes outside with them a lot, which they especially love now that the snow is melted off the driveway so they can ride bikes, or pull Amaya around in the wagon, or ride the famous "Grave Digger" - shown in this picture taken last October when Noah first got it as an early birthday present from Pavan.

Pavan also talked with someone at the hospital gift shop today about the Disciple's Cross necklaces I've been making. Sounds like they are interested in carrying them, which has us both really excited. Someone from the gift shop is going to talk with him again tomorrow, so I'll keep you all posted.

I can't think of much else to say, other than I hope you are all safe...I saw on the news that some nasty storms tore through the midwest and south. We are supposed to get some rain here on Thursday and Friday, but the temps will be in the mid to upper 40s so the roads should be fine for us to head to KC when the kids get home from school on Friday.

Tomorrow Kindra is going bowling in the morning (yearly gym trip), then back to school for lunch, then all 5th graders walk to the high school for their DARE graduation, then back to the school just in time for basketball practice, then AWANA from 6-8 tomorrow night! Whew, and she's just excited because that means they don't have to learn anything tomorrow!

I'd better try to get some sleep. This time change is taking us all awhile to get used to, although I love it when the little ones sleep late....because you know I'm right here in bed with them!!!

More later in the week,

Rebecca

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I don't remember seeing this picture but I love it!  Your journal is doing a very good job keeping me connected to you guys and I really love that.

Have a safe trip "HOME" and can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Love, Mom