Has it really been 5 days since I wrote anything in the journal? I cannot believe how quickly the days fly by sometimes. The weather has been beautiful here all week, and we've been spending most of our time outdoors. It's been nice, except that I've already had 3 ticks on me this week. Yuk! They must really like me, because I've been checking the children thoroughly every evening, and haven't found any on them. We've learned our lesson, though, and are doing tick checks religiously. The strange thing is that I spend most of my time just sitting on the front porch reading a book while the children are playing, so I'm not sure how I'm the one with all the ticks, unless the animals are bringing them to me!
Our week was fairly uneventful and normal, which was nice. Kindra had a basketball game on Thursday, and did a really good job. Scored the first two points for her team, and was really on top of things the whole game. It's funny how they can play a sport for years, and then all of a sudden you recognize that all those practices have actually paid off! After the game we had to rush home to change clothes and then head to dance class. Pavan had a meeting so he had to stay in Rhinelander, and we actually beat him home. The meeting went until 9PM, so we were home, bathed, and in bed by the time he got here. Not asleep, mind you, but in bed watching TV.
Friday night Kindra had her end of the year AWANA sleepover at church. She had a great time, and it sounds like the girls did typical girl stuff.....like TP the boy's bathroom and entryway while everyone else was asleep! I was horrified when I first heard that....she TPd the church???? But then I found out that the high school "mentor" helped them, and they had permission from the youth pastor. It sounds like they played tons of fun games, and had lots of snacks too. I'm so happy to have the girls involved in a strong youth group.
Saturday I spent most of the day shopping, first I took the children to WalMart with me to do our grocery shopping. It was one of those trips when it seemed like we were out of everything, so that took awhile. Then later in the day, I managed to sneak out of the house alone and go to JC Penny and Shop Ko to look for new clothes....for all 4 children! How do they all manage to outgrow their clothes at the same time? They could at least space it out to give me a break! So now Anna is in 8 slim, Noah is in 4 slim, and Amaya is in 24 month clothes. Kindra is wearing juniors or women's clothing, so she really has to try things on before I can buy her anything. The good news was that Penney's was having their buy one get one for $1 sale....which I love. So I was able to get Anna some capris, shorts, jeans and shirts...buy one get one for $1. That's cheaper than shopping the clearance racks! Oh, and I was able to get Kindra some shirts too. All in all, I came home with 5 bags of clothes and spend much much less than I'd anticipated. Even had time to get myself a few new things, which was quite a treat.
Pavan has been on call all weekend, and has been pretty busy. He got called into the hospital at 230 this morning, and hasn't made it home since. He did call this morning and met us for breakfast at the Friendship House. He had to go back to work after that though to go 2 more cases. He leaves town on Thursday for his oral boards, and that's really been weighing on his mind.
I'd better be going. I've been online trying to find a jacket for Noah, his is much too small. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find one, everyone has their summer stuff out and all the jackets in his size are sold out. I might just have to find him a hooded sweatshirt to use until I can find one. You'd think the stores around here would realize that we need jackets year round!
My digital camera is in the mail, should arrive at Canon tomorrow to be repaired. Hope to have it back soon so I can start including pictures again.
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment