Sunday, April 23, 2006

Busy weekend

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, we've just been so busy. Kindra's basketball game went really well, and she even scored a couple of points. Now that they have all the 4th and 5th grade students in one school, the sports are a little strange. They have a lot of girls playing 5th grade basketball, and only 3 coaches, so each team is pretty big. Three days of the week are taken up with after school practices (one day for each team) and then they have to play 3 games on Thursday afternoons. Because they have to fit in 3 games, each game is only 30 minutes long. And because they have so many girls on each team, none of them get to play for very long. Oh well, I can't really complain. I was doing good to keep Noah and Amaya behaving for 30 minutes, I can't imagine how they'd ever sit through a longer game!!

We spent all weekend working outside. Now that all the snow is gone, there is a lot of work to be done around the house. That first snow we had was a very heavy snow, and snapped some of the smaller pine trees about a foot from the ground. A lot of the other trees lost branches, and all the landscaping around the house is just a mess. We also cleaned up the picnic area down by the lake, and had our first bonfire of the year. That was our reward for 2 full days of hard work. Right now we are sitting in bed and moaning and groaning, Pavan is rubbing on some muscle cream and we are both taking some ibuprofen before we go to bed. It felt so nice to be outside, but boy are we out of shape!!

I think the worst job of all was done by Pavan....raking up all the dead fish out of the water, in hopes that they will dry out in the sun and stop smelling so awful! This morning we went to Home Depot to get some new rakes, and ended up buying four planters for the front and back porch, a huge bag of potting soil, and a whole cart full of flowers. Pavan cut down that evergreen tree that was right beside the front porch and we put a big planter there. We had a lot of extra flowers so we ended up planting some in the ground there, and some out by that old farm equipment in front of the house. It looks really nice.

I have to let you all know that we won't be able to put any pictures in the journal for awhile, as our digital camera is broken. I will be sending it off to Canon this week to be repaired, but I'm not sure how long before we'll get it back. Well, at least that has forced me to finish the roll of film that's been in my 35mm camera since Becky's wedding! Margaret, I will finally get the roll developed this week, and we'll finally get the pictures of you and Dad together!

I want to let everyone know that Allen is back home, as of Friday afternoon. He is feeling great, and they never did find anything wrong with any of the tests they ran. So that is all wonderful news.

I will write more later in the week. I have Bible study Monday nights, and Tuesday is the last AWANA meeting for the year. It's an awards ceremony, so Anna has decided to go to AWANA this week instead of gymnastics.

Have a great week,

Rebecca

No comments: