Saturday, April 15, 2006

On our way home...

We left Liberty around 1230 today, and made it to La Crosse, WI by 730 this evening. It should only take another 4 hours to get home tomorrow, which will be really nice. We actually found a hotel room that will sleep all 6 of us, so we are happy about that. We're at the Holiday Inn Express, and our room has 2 queen beds and a couch that pulls out into a full size bed. Very nice. We'll have to keep this in mind for next time.

We don't have any plans for tomorrow once we get home. We will read the story of Easter in the Bible, but don't have any special plans for dinner since we had Easter dinner at Mom's house last Sunday. It will be really nice to get home in time to rest up before everyone heads back to school and work on Monday.

Yesterday we took the children to Penguin Park, which is near the house we had in Kansas City (for those of you from out of town). I have been going to Penguin Park since I was a child, although they did a lot of work on the park several years ago. You can see from the picture why it's called Penguin Park....we had a lot of fun, but it was terribly hot.....around 90 degrees. We stayed for over an hour, but had to leave when I felt my head starting to burn.

Other than that, we just ran a few errands in Liberty, picked up a few items we can't find in Rhinelander. Visited with Chris and Kierra last night for awhile, it was nice to see Kierra before we left town. They will be up for a week the end of May, which will be a lot of fun. Anna and Kierra are good buddies, they had a lot of fun playing together last night.

Well I am so tired that I can't hardly think straight.....so I'm going to head to bed. There is a great coffee house in La Crosse called Caribou Coffee that we can't wait to visit in the morning! Hope they are open even though it's Easter, Pavan and I have been looking forward to their coffee since November when we came through La Crosse!

More later in the week!

Rebecca

No comments: